Sunday, September 23, 2007

I should have twigged it when I'm backing 6-0 losers....

It was quite comical really. In an attempt to liven up my blog I start giving woeful tips! East Sterling duly trounced 6-0 in what I truly felt was bet of the day material. This is a poker blog however and giving "tips" (with the inverted comma's being most welcome here) for part-time Scottish teams is pretty uncalled for and uninteresting let alone how appalling they were! With that type of start to the day I should have known something was amiss...

With my first free Saturday in a long time I had an array of options. Having seen Frank Skinner the previous night (and East Sterling the following afternoon) I had enough laughs for the moment and wanted to play some poker. My online account I feel has been neglected this past while and felt it merited some play. A nasty spell midweek had also left a sour after-taste which I wanted to change.

I planned on playing throughout the night. 10pm till 3 or 4am sort of thing. I was hoping to catch a few drunkies and obviously a few Frenchies. I got both and boy did they have a good one. From $500 up at 1am to $600 down just before 2am. Not pleasant its fair to say having started well. I'm now at least $1500 in the red for this week and am going to drop back down to 1/2.

The 2/4 can get a little bit too tasty of a Saturday night especially when the French log on and I wont be rushing back too soon. Maybe when I get a more solid BR together of 10k will I try again.

Off to play JP's game now for a change of scenery. Check tomorrow for more of my trials and tribes and hopefully some gossip from elsewhere too.

1 comment:

Theresalwaysone said...

Are you a winning player at 2/4?