Monday, September 24, 2007

Omaha High-Low?!?!?!

I'll get my stuff out of the way first and then a natter about whats been happening on the Dublin scene.
Yesterday I ventured out to the JP game to get away from my diminishing balance on the computer screen. He was running a new game €60+€60 which I wouldn't be mad about. Its a bit too much like his other games. His Sunday game was supposed to be different to the midweeks ones but it plays just the same it seems!

On the online front, I've dropped back down to 1/2 following a bad weekend on the 2/4 tables. Theresalwaysone asked me in my last post "am I a winning player at 2/4" and the answer is yes. i'm a token winner of about $2000 over 3500 hands but its my bankroll which is the problem. I don't have enough money to take the swings so I'll shelve the game for another while.

Interestingly I've taken some of my hold'em money out to play on full-tilt again (yay toughest site ever!) and dapple a bit in the Omaha and Omaha high-low. Just for small stakes, It's a fun experiment for me and gives me a chance to take breaks from hold'em and learn new games.

On the Dublin front well done to Marc and Big Dragon on their success in the
Grudge Match part deux. A nice result for the Balinteer lad putting him back on the scene with some dough. Watch out Gordon et all! A warm congratulations also goes to Bogey man on his victory in the boards heads-up championship. Defeating Olly 3-2 in a nail-biting finale to the comp, may I be one of the first to congratulate the new champ. Unlucky Olly, a great effort to get so close.

That's your lot for today folks, more poker-news tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

well we wont be meeting on the felt for a while as im out of the game until next week at the earliest, how did jp's game go for you then and will it be the same structure from now on and did you play any cash games there?