Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh no we don't need another Tony Fenton!!

I'm trying to make amends at the moment. I was going through some sort of a lull last week that I can't quite explain! I just got fed up of the slow and sometimes boring live game. Hopefully I'm over it now, it feels like I am. I wana be good and galvanised for Luke's on Saturday, thats for sure! Its the first proper, decent buy-in freeze out I've played in months.

Ironically enough I got a text yesterday about a 21st celebration, you can pretty much guess what day he's having it! I'm just so fed up missing great tournaments because of these needless parties. Then I have to settle with below par tournament that I'll just play crap in cause I'm not interested. Then I'll come on here and moan about losing interest in poker with the only reason being the €60 pub games I'm playing in working against me. A vicious circle indeed. I'll be playing Luke's this weekend even if it meant missing my own 21st party. (Edit to say-the Saturday of my 21st will probably be the one weekend I won't be expected to appear at a party!)

I've been trying to think of new features for my blog. If theres anything you'd like to see, give me a shout. One I'm going to try out for the next while is s song of the day. Today's is "Temptation" by Heaven 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSODuSo6x8. If you have any requests, let me know!

I'm happy to report I won my latest game of the heads-up championship against Niall "ocallagh" O' Callaghan. A victory is always nice but this was extra special as I've always thought a lot of Niall as a player and I can remember a time when I'd get mullered by him quite handily. That means I'm two wins from three in the competition and very much in with a chance again. I do however think 8 from 11 will be required to win the league. Here's to bagging another six!

I've had a good stint online these past few weeks I'm happy to report. I'm knocking on the door now for having a very adequate bankroll for 2/4. I will continue to play 1/2 until the end of the weekend and will then consider moving up levels next week. If anyone has any advise with moving from 1/2 to 2/4 I would really appreciate it.

That's your lot for today, thanks for reading....

Gary

No comments: