Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm losing the hunger quite rapidly.....

My hunger for poker is depreciating at an alarming rate. The last three times I've went out to play live (The JP Sunday game, the IPO and some S.E. cash) I've been most unhappy for the duration of my time there. I really can't figure out what is causing this but I think the speed of the game is getting to me. 20 hands an hour just seems so boring. I'm constantly yawning, checking the time, trying to talk to other people, pretty much anything other than concentrating on the poker action.

I had a mammoth battle earlier this week to clear a bonus online which I duly did and made some money to boot. I did however find it a chore putting so many hours each day and the entertainment value is quite low at this stage. I don't know what I need to do to get back the desire I had for the game and to succeed, I just hope its a temporary lull.

I've played a tiny bit today but again have ran into the same problems. I'm not enjoying it and it feels like a chore. Tomorrow I'm doing something different and playing the JP syndicate game for the EPT Dublin. Its a nice tournament and either way I'm guaranteed to get a piece of somebody in the EPT if I don't win it., Hopefully I'll have a bit of banter and bring back the good times (LOL-how naff does that sound) at the red cow tomorrow.

Till next time....

No comments: