Friday, July 04, 2008

Vegas Pt.7

Have played exactly 0 poker in the last three days, hence the lack of blogging. Been trying to get my mind off the game so have been avoiding forums, blogs, everything. Just trying to get fresh before the main event as my head was totally messed up the last time I played. Noel thinks I should have kept playing but I think I've made the right decision taking a break.

So I kick off tomorrow and it's all a bit surreal. Still cannot believe I'm playing it, it is quite a dream for me. I am on table 10, seat 8 (Amazon Red) if anyone happens to be wondering around the RIO tomorrow. I most certainly hope I shall be there all day.

The one thing I'm extra happy about is that I'm now in for 100% of my action. It's the only way to fly imo. I still cannot believe that Marty sold so much of himself in the 10k Omaha. Madness. At least if I get a big scoop I get to keep it. Isn't that the whole point? I dunno.

The final-table of the Omaha was tremendous and it's difficult to add to the reports already written about it on boards etc. It was a great result for Marty and a huge result for the Irish. I cannot wait to see the TV coverage of it. Every Irishman in Vegas was there and it was a night I won't forget in a hurry.

Then last night was the ladbrokes party which was awesome. They put on some show for the players and kudos to them indeed. I enjoyed it a lot.

Not much else to report, I'm off to a cirque de soleil show tonight with Seamus which should be a good way of winding down before the main event kicks off tomorrow. I'm not going to discuss expectations for the ME etc, I just have to go in and play my best and let the rest look after itself. A bit of luck in-running would be nice though :).

4 comments:

Mellor said...

I'll be keeping an eye, best of look

Collie said...

Congrats on your day one. Looks like your wee break did the trick as far as getting your head together. Though, I'm sure it was difficult with so much action going on.
I know you don't normally post or discuss hands. But I'd love to know if there were any interesting hero calls/bluffs on day 1.

Pabloh said...

Keep up the good work Gary

Collie said...

On second thoughts, I guess you really shouldn't be posting hands untill you've been knocked out.
So a nice detailed hand discussion next December please.